Sarasota Out-of-State Custody Dispute Lawyer

Bradenton Child Custody Proceedings Attorney

The divorce process can be more complicated when spouses reside in different states. If you live in Florida and your spouse lives elsewhere, or vice versa, we can help you get the divorce process done as smoothly and efficiently as possible.

At The Collins Law Group, we represent men and women in divorce cases of all kinds. We can help you if:

  • Your spouse has moved away with or without your children.
  • You are now residing outside of Florida but your spouse lives in Florida
  • You or your spouse is planning to relocate due to job opportunities, family location or other factors
  • You or your spouse is deployed or on active military duty elsewhere

In every case, our job is to make sure your interests and rights are protected, and that you can move on with your life after the divorce.

Parental Relocation and Child Custody

When divorcing or divorced spouses live in two different states, the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) applies to child custody arrangements. The act dictates a child’s home state according to where the child has resided for six consecutive months.

If you are concerned about how parental relocation, yours or your former spouse’s, will impact your time with your child, having the representation of a skilled lawyer can make a big difference.

Contact a Sarasota Out-of-State Custody Dispute Attorney

Our firm’s Florida attorneys can help you understand your rights and explore your options with regard to divorce, child custody, child support and spousal support, regardless of your circumstances. Contact us to discuss your situation with an experienced lawyer who has handled many divorces involving Florida and out-of-state residents.