Sarasota Bankruptcy Attorney, also serving Bradenton & Venice
Julie Amato Collins specializes in Consumer Bankruptcy Law. Julie understands that in economic times likes these bankruptcy is often the only option some families feel they have. However, this is not always the case. The Collins Law Group offers a free consultation and we can help you make the decision that is best for you and your loved ones.
Mrs. Collins attended the Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. where she received her Bachelor of Arts degree in 1992, cum laude. That same year, she went on to Fairleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey to get her paralegal certificate. From 1992-1994 she was employed by the law firm of Richard Mulholland and Associates in Tampa, Florida, as a paralegal, where she worked mainly in the area of personal injury litigation. This inspired her to go on to law school. Mrs. Collins graduated from Stetson University College of Law, in 1998 with Honors.
Julie Amato Collins worked for the Office of the State Attorney in Sarasota as an Assistant State Attorney from 1998 through 2002, prosecuting misdemeanor and juvenile criminal cases.
She now focuses specifically helping people to get out of financial trouble by representing debtors in Consumer Bankruptcy cases throughout Sarasota. She is a member of the Florida Bar Association, the Sarasota Bar Association, the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, the Florida Association of Women Lawyers, and the Sarasota Chamber of Commerce.
Mrs. Collins is admitted to the Florida Bar and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Areas of Practice
- Consumer Bankruptcy Law
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Juris Doctorate – 1998
- Honors: With Honors
- Catholic University of America, Washington, District of Columbia
- Bachelor of Arts cum laude – 1992
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, New Jersey
- Paralegal Certificate
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Sarasota Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, Member
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Member
- Sarasota Chamber of Commerce, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Richard Mulholland and Associates, Paralegal, 1992 – 1994
- Office of the State Attorney, Assistant State Attorney, 1998 – 2002
800-403-9158 (Toll free)